People who have been married a long time made a decision to love their partner and work at their commitment.
1. Lighten up! Yes, don’t get so serious all the time and break the tension. Poke fun at yourself and your partner.
2. No Arguments. You two may be different in your opinions in areas like politics and religion, avoid those topics. Talk about things you enjoy and have in common.
3. Time For Each Other. Set up specific times when you can get together. It doesn’t matter what you do; shopping, errands, movie, events. Put it on your calendar and make sure you keep the appointment.
5. Forgive Each Other. Before you forgive your partner, forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves another chance. Get over it and get on with your lives.
6. Touch. Your body loves to be touched. Do it for your partner; play with their hair, rub their hand, a soft kiss, a pat on the leg, back rubs, foot rubs. But do it in an affectionate way, not sexual.
7. Some space. Being together all the time may be cramping you and your partner’s style. Spend some time apart. Let him go hunting/fishing, while you go to the library or a concert.
8. Predictable. Same ole, same ole. Day after day. Bored? A creative a habit? Or you get into a habit/schedule, break it! Do something on the spur of the moment. Surprise your partner and do it together.
9. Secret Getaway. Plan a trip or a place, where the two of you can be alone. Take your time and enjoy each other. Take it slow and make it romantic.
10. Communicate. A lot of times when